The following terms and conditions (“Terms“) apply to our provision and your use of the information, services and materials (“Online Content and Courses“) through the Link Online Academy website (the “Website“) including you visiting and browsing the Website (being a “Visitor“) and registering with Link as a student (a “Learner“).
In these Terms, references to “we” or “us” are to Link Online Academy.
In these Terms, references to “you” or “your” are references to you whether as a Learner or Visitor.
If you have any questions about these Terms or wish to contact us for any reason please click on Contact Us, which can be found on the Website.
Using the Website (Learner conduct)
Your use and access of this Website and the Online Content and Courses is subject to the following conditions (“Acceptable Use Conditions”), and you agree that failure to comply with any one of the Acceptable Use Conditions will be a breach of these Terms by you.
- to use the Website and access the Online Content and Courses only for lawful purposes and in no way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- not to use the Website or access the Online Content and Courses for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- not to distribute all or any part of the Website or Online Content and Courses in any medium without our prior written consent.
- not to (and not to attempt to) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the Website or features that (i) prevent or restrict use or copying of content or (ii) enforce limitations on us, the use of the Website or access to the Online Content and Courses;
- not to use or access the Website or Online Content and Courses or any part of them for any commercial uses or for the benefit of any third party.
- to use the Website and access the Online Content and Courses in a way which does not infringe the rights of anyone else or restrict or prevent anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Website, Online Content and Courses.
- not to ask for, collect or harvest any personal data of any Visitor or Learner of the Website or Online Content and Courses;
- not to post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to or otherwise cause us to email, transmit or otherwise distribute chain letters, surveys or studies, calls to action, junk mail, pyramid schemes, incentives (monetary or click-based), spimming or spamming, or bulk communications of any kind, whether or not for commercial or non-commercial purposes;
- not to use the Website or the Online Content and Courses in any manner intended to damage, disable, overburden or impair any Link server or the network(s) connected to any Link server, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of any servers or networks connected to the Website;
- not to use any high volume, automated, or electronic means to access the Website or the Online Content and Courses (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts);
- not to access or attempt to access any other Visitor or Learner’s account or falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym or misrepresenting your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- not to send, knowingly receive, submit, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with these Terms (including our Privacy and Cookies Policies).
- that the form and nature of the Website and Online Content and Courses which we provide may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
- that Whilst we do all we can to ensure that the Online Content and Courses are of a high standard, in using the Website and Online Content and Courses, you may be exposed to content from our Partner Institutions that is factually inaccurate, offensive if taken out of context, indecent to certain people, or otherwise objectionable to you. We are not responsible (legally or otherwise) for any claims you may have against us in relation to this type of content. .
- that we may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Website, Online Content and Courses (or any part of the Online Content and Courses) to you or to Learners generally at our sole discretion, without prior notice to you.
- that you are solely responsible for (and that we have no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which we may suffer) of any such breach.
Registration and Accounts
Any Visitor can view the Website, but in order to participate fully in all activities on the Website and take part in the Online Content and Courses, you must register for a personal account on the Website (a “Learner Account”) by providing your real name, an email address and a password. You agree that you will never divulge or share access or your access information to your Learner Account with any third party or person for any reason.
In setting up your Learner Account, you may be prompted or required to enter additional information, including but not limited to your gender, date of birth and location. Additional information may also be required to confirm your identity.
You undertake to us that all information provided by you in relation to your Learner Account is and will be accurate, current and complete at all times and that you will maintain and update your information to keep it accurate, current and complete.
You acknowledge that if any information provided by you in relation to your Learner Account is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to and use of the Website and your enrolment in the Online Content and Courses.
By registering with Link for a Learner account, you agree (in addition to your obligations as a Learner above) that you:
- are registered for the Website only once and will not set up multiple Learner accounts;
- will not let anyone else use your Learner Account;
- will not cheat on any assignment or exam relating to the Online Content and Courses, nor share solutions to homework assignments or exams;
- will notify the administrators of the relevant Online Content and Courses (“Course Administrator”), immediately if you become aware of any other Learner cheating or breaching these Terms.
If you are disqualified for any reason, we may prohibit your access or participation in the Online Content and Courses.
Privacy and Security
Link Academy’s Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all necessary intellectual property rights in all aspects of the Website and Online Content and Courses including but not limited to the technology, source code, all content, software, scripts, images, graphics and audio (the “Online Content and Courses”). The Online Content and Courses is protected to the fullest extent possible by copyright laws. All such rights are reserved. You agree that the Online Content and Courses remains the property of us or the licensor, as applicable, and that all updates and modifications to the Online Content and Courses will vest in us or the licensor, as applicable. You also agree that you have no rights in or to the Online Content and Courses other than the right to use it in accordance with the terms of the license.
We own or are licensed to use all present and future copyright, registered and unregistered trademarks, design rights, unregistered designs, database rights and all other present and future intellectual property rights and rights in the nature of intellectual property rights existing in or in relation to the Website.
You agree to sign and provide all such deeds, documents, acts and things as we may reasonably require in order to assign any Online Content and Courses to us, to carry out the intended purpose of these Terms, or to establish, perfect, preserve or enforce our rights under these Terms.
Your Liability to Us
You indemnify and keep us fully indemnified from and against all actions, claims, demands, costs, expenses, liabilities, loss, damages or other monetary relief brought, made or awarded against or incurred by us resulting (directly or indirectly) from:
- your participating in the Online Content and Courses;
- your access to or use of the Website or Online Content and Courses;
- your breach of any of these Terms; and
- any negligent act or omission, deliberate default or breach of statutory duty on your part.
In addition, you agree to keep us fully indemnified from and against all actions, claims, demands, costs, expenses, liabilities, loss, damages or other monetary relief brought, made or awarded against or incurred by us resulting (directly or indirectly) from any claims that the content on the Website or Online Content and Courses (or its use) infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties.
Each indemnity in this paragraph is separate and independent from the other obligations in these Terms. Each of these indemnities is to remain fully effective despite any indulgence granted from time to time and despite any judgment or order.
Our Liability to you
Nothing in these Terms affects any statutory rights that you are entitled to as a consumer.
The Website and the Online Content and Courses are provided to you “as is” and we make no warranty or representation to you with respect to them.
We exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and terms expressed or implied by statute, common law or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law. We accept no liability for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or economic loss howsoever caused arising out of or in connection with these Terms. This includes:
- any loss of profit (directly or indirectly);
- any loss of goodwill;
- any loss of opportunity; or
- any loss of data suffered by you.
We provide the Online Content and Courses on the Website in good faith but give no warranty or representation that the Online Content and Courses are accurate, complete or up-to-date or that they will meet your requirements, nor that the Website does not infringe the rights of any third party. We accept no responsibility or liability for your use of Online Content and Courses on the Website and your use is entirely at your own risk. While we take reasonable precautions to prevent the existence of computer viruses and/or other malicious programs on the Website, we accept no liability for them. We do not warrant that defects in the Website or Online Content and Courses will be corrected.
Information transmitted via this Website will pass over public telecommunications networks. We make no representation or warranty that the operation of this Website will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error-free and disclaim all liability in that respect.
We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage incurred by you as a result of:
- any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any information or advertising, or as a result of any relationship or transaction between you and any advertiser or sponsor whose advertising appears on the Website or in relation to the Online Content and Courses;
- any changes which we may make to the Website or Online Content and Courses, or for any temporary interruptions in the provision of the Website or Online Content and Courses;
- the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any Online Content and Courses and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through your use of the Website;
- your failure to provide us with accurate account information; and
- your failure to keep your account details secure and confidential.
We reserve the right to suspend your use of the Website and/or access to the Online Content and Courses at any time for operational, regulatory, legal or other reasons.
We may terminate your account or use of the Website with immediate effect:
- if you or any Learner you are connected with breach any of these Terms;
- in order to prevent any fraudulent, unlawful or abusive activity; or
- if it is necessary to prevent or stop any harm or damage to us, other Learners of the Website or the general public.
Changes to the Website and these Terms
We may update or amend these Terms from time to time to comply with law or to meet our changing business requirements, without notice to you. Any updates or amendments will be posted on the Website. In addition, we reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue all of the Online Content and Courses with or without notice to you and we will not be liable to you or any third party for any such modifications, suspension or termination. By continuing to use the Website, you agree to be bound by the terms of these updates and amendments.
Other Important Terms
If any of these Terms are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the rest of these Terms remain in full force and effect.
Only you and we are entitled to enforce these Terms. No third party is entitled to enforce any of these Terms.
We may freely transfer or assign any portion of our rights or delegate our obligations under these Terms. You are not entitled to transfer or assign, by operation of law or otherwise, any portion of your rights or delegate your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent.
All learners of all courses are expected to study and consider the timing and related notes of each course before registration. We take no responsibility and have no warranty for courses beyond their actual deadline.
- It is not possible to pause your course or take a holiday part way through your course without prior notice.
- If your level of English is unsuitable for the course you have booked, we may allow you to do a course at another level, but this is at our discretion.
- Your course will start on the day indicated in your registration email, regardless of when you first log in to the course.
Payment for all purchase orders must be received in full before the start date of the course.
Cancellation and withdrawal of the fee can solely be possible under the following conditions:
- Sending the cancellation request not after 60% completion of the content of the course
- Sending the cancellation request not after 60% completion of the duration of the course